1. Clarification of agenda items listed in the Regular Session agenda for this meeting, and discussion of issues not briefed in the written backup materials.
2. Receive a report, hold a discussion, and give staff direction regarding the proposed Phase II revisions to the Gas Well Ordinance.
3. Receive a report and hold a discussion on the development of a work session schedule to discuss general training topics and operational procedures associated with the Planning and Zoning Commission.
1. Consult with and provide direction to City's attorneys regarding legal issues and strategies associated with Phase I and proposed Phase II Gas Well Ordinance regulation of gas well drilling and production within the City Limits and the extraterritorial jurisdiction, including Constitutional limitations, statutory limitations upon municipal regulatory authority, moratorium on drilling and production and claims associated therewith, statutory preemption and/or impacts of federal and state law and regulations as it concerns municipal regulatory authority and matters relating to enforcement of the ordinance.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. U.S. Flag
B. Texas Flag
"Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. October 10, 2012
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approvals and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Final Plat of Lot 1, Block 1 of the Mission Street Addition. The subject property is approximately 0.950 acres in size and is generally located at the southwestern corner of Mission Street and Fort Worth Drive. The property is located within an Employment Center Commercial (EC-C) zoning district. (FP12-0015, Mission Street Addition, Nana Appiah)
4. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to the City Council regarding an ordinance to amend the Comprehensive Plan for approximately 2.2 acres of land from a Neighborhood Center Future Land Use designation to a Community Mixed Use Center Future Land Use Designation. The request is being initiated by the City Manager of the City of Denton, Texas. The property is located on the west side of Teasley Lane; between Hickory Creek Road to the north and Old Alton Road to the south. (CA12-0003, Teasley Tract, Johnna Matthews)
B. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to the City Council regarding the rezoning of approximately 2.2 acres from a Neighborhood Residential 6 (NR-6) zoning district and use classification to a Community Mixed Use General (CM-G) zoning district and use classification. The property is located on the west side of Teasley Lane; between Hickory Creek Road to the north and Old Alton Road to the south. (Z12-0007, Teasley Tract, Johnna Matthews)
C. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to the City Council regarding amending Subchapter 35.22 of the Denton Development Code concerning the adoption of the Gas Well Ordinance Phase II revisions. (DCA12-0005, Gas Well Ordinance Phase II Revision, Darren Groth)
5. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.
Oct 24, 2012 Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting