1. Clarification of agenda items listed in the Regular Session agenda for this meeting, and discussion of issues not briefed in the written backup materials.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. U.S. Flag
B. Texas Flag "Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. March 28, 2012
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approvals and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Consider approval of a Final Plat of Lot 1R, Block A of the Denton Station, Phase 1 Addition; being a replat of Lot 1 and Lot 2, Block A of the Denton Station, Phase 1 Addition. The approximately 11.170 acre property is generally located east of Centre Place Drive and south of Alegre Vista Drive. The property is located within a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. (FR12-0004, Tonti Student Housing Project, Ron Menguita)
4. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. Consider approval of a six-month extension of the General Development Plan for Windsor Oaks (GDP05-0003). The approximately 224.5-acre site is generally located on both sides of Loop 288 north of the intersection of Loop 288 and Mingo Road. The site is zoned Neighborhood Residential (NR-4 and NR-6), Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use-12 (NRMU-12), Community Mixed Use General (CM-G), and Employment Center-Industrial (EC-I). Commercial, office, industrial, multifamily and single family uses are proposed. (GDPE12-0001, Windsor Oaks, Erica Marohnic) Staff is requesting that this item be tabled until the April 25th P&Z meeting.
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Hold a public hearing and consider a Final Plat for Lot 1B, Block 5 of the Wattam Addition; being a residential replat of part of Lot 1, all of Lot 2, Block 5 of the Wattam Addition, part of Beaty Street, and all of Lot 2, Block 1 of the Hillside Addition. The approximately 2.175 acre property is generally located south of Eagle Drive, west of Bernard Street, east of Beatty Street and north of Fannin Street. The property is located within a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. (FR12-0003, Crosswinds Village, Erica Marohnic).
B. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to City Council regarding amending the Denton Development Code by adding Boarding House, Fraternity or Sorority House, Dormitory, Conference/Convention Center, Distribution Center/Warehouse (General) and Warehouse (Retail) as land uses in Subchapter 35.5, by removing Distribution Center and Warehouse Storage and Distribution as land uses in Subchapter 35.5, by removing language regarding minimum residential lot size and adding language regarding maximum persons occupying a dwelling in Subchapter 35.12, by amending the parking requirements for fraternity or sorority houses, boarding houses, and dormitories in Subchapter 35.14, by adding definitions for Conference/Convention Center, Distribution Center/Warehouse (General) and Warehouse (Retail), Fraternity, and Sorority in Subchapter 35.23, and by revising the existing definitions of Boarding House, Family, Dormitory, Accessory Dwelling, Duplex, Manufactured Home, Mobile Home, Multi-Family Dwelling, Single-Family Dwelling, Single-Family Attached, Dwelling/Dwelling Unit, Efficiency Dwelling Unit, and Fraternity or Sorority House in Subchapter 35.23. (DCA11-0006, Subchapter 35.5 and 35.23, Ron Menguita)
6. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.
Apr 11, 2012 Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting