1. Clarification of agenda items listed in the Regular Session agenda for this meeting, and discussion of issues not briefed in the written backup materials.
2. Receive a briefing, hold a discussion and give staff direction on Population Projections based on Land Use Assumptions. (Ron Menguita)
3. Receive a report and hold a discussion on gas well drilling and the adopted and implemented Gas Well Drilling and Production ordinance. (Darren Groth)
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. U.S. Flag
B. Texas Flag "Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. March 20, 2013
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approvals and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Final Plat of Lot 4, Block A of the Wheeler Ridge Commercial Addition. The 0.879 acre site is located at the southeast corner of Teasley Lane (F.M. 2181) and Robinson Road. The property is located within a Planned Development (PD-176) zoning district. (FP12-0028, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Nana Appiah)
4. ITEMS OF INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. Consider approval of an amendment to an approved Alternative Development Plan (ADP07-0011) for 6.963 acres (Lots 4R-8R) multifamily apartment complex. The subject site is located on the north and east sides of Shoreline Drive, and the west side of Unicorn Lake Boulevard. The property is located within a Regional Center Residential 2 (RCR-2) zoning district. The purpose of the Alternative Development Plan (ADP) is to provide alternatives in lieu of the requirements of Subchapter 13 of the Denton Development Code (DDC). (ADP12-0008, Unicorn Lake Multifamily, Cindy Jackson)
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to City Council regarding a Detailed Plan for a 192 unit multi-family development located within a Planned Development (PD-120) zoning district. The 5.675 acre subject site is located on the south side of Loop 288, west of the intersection of F.M. 2164/Locust Street and Loop 288. (PDA12-0006, Gardens of Denton, Ph II, Cindy Jackson)
6. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.
Apr 10, 2013 Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting