Following the completion of the Work Session, the City Council will convene in a Closed Meeting to consider specific items when these items are listed below under the Closed Meeting section of this agenda. When items for consideration are not listed under the Closed Meeting section of the agenda, the City Council will not conduct a Closed Meeting and will convene at the time listed below for its regular or special called meeting. The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into a Closed Meeting on any item on its Open Meeting agenda consistent with Chapter 551 of the TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, as amended, as set forth below.
A. Certain Public Power Utilities: Competitive Matters - Under Texas Government Code Section 551.086; Deliberations regarding Real Property - Under Texas Government Code Sec. 551.072.
1. Receive a further presentation from Staff regarding public power competitive and financial matters, and a consultation regarding the deliberation of real property issues regarding the possible construction and installation of a state-of-the-art combined heat and power (CHP) tri-generation station in the industrial district in the City of Denton; discuss and provide Staff with direction.
B. Deliberations Regarding Certain Public Power Utilities: Competitive Matters - Under Texas Government Code Section 551.086.
1. Receive competitive public power information from staff in the form of a proposed operating budget for Denton Municipal Electric ("DME") for the upcoming fiscal year, including without limitation, revenues, expenses, commodity volumes, and commitments, and the direction of DME; and discuss, deliberate, consider adoption of the budget and other matters, and provide staff with direction regarding such matters.
C. Deliberations regarding Certain Public Power Utilities: Competitive Matters - Under Texas Government Code, Section 551.086; Deliberations regarding Real Property - Under Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; Consultation with Attorney - Under Texas Government Code, Section 551.071.
1. Discuss, deliberate and receive further information from staff and provide staff with direction pertaining to further legal matters affecting the settlement tentatively approved on March 9, 2010 by and between the City, DBT Porcupine, L1, a Delaware Business Trust ("DBT") and BDC Family Limited Partnership, a Texas Limited Partnership regarding the settlement of conflicting legal claims and the granting of an easement to the City by DBT regarding that certain 3.814 acre tract of land situated at the northeast corner of Loop 288 and Spencer Road, in the City of Denton, Denton County, Texas and lying in the Mary L. Austin Survey, Abstract No. 4 and in the M.E.P. and P.R.R. Survey, Abstract No. 927, in the City of Denton, Denton County, Texas. Consultation with the City's attorneys regarding further legal issues associated with the compromise of conflicting claims regarding said land, where such discussion and deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City Council in negotiations regarding a final settlement of such claim and would clearly conflict with the duty of the City's attorneys to the City of Denton and the Denton City Council under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas.
D. Consultation with Attorney - Under Texas Government Code Section 551.071.
1. Consider and discuss the status of legal issues relating to the settlement of City of Denton v. Biodiesel Industries, Inc., et al., Cause No. 4:08-cv-00173 and subsequent claims and provide direction to the city's attorneys regarding same.
2. Consult with City's attorneys regarding the claim and settlement demand of Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores, and give consideration and feedback regarding future disposition of the matter.
E. Deliberations regarding consultation with the City Attorney - Under Texas Government Code Section 551.071, Deliberations regarding Economic Development Negotiations - Under Texas Government Code Section 551.087.
1. Receive a report and hold a discussion regarding legal issues on matters in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Also hold a discussion regarding granting economic development incentives to Target Corporation with respect to development of a distribution center. This discussion shall include commercial and financial information the City Council has received from Target Corporation which the City Council seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the city, and with which the City Council is conducting economic development negotiations; including the offer of financial or other incentives
F. Deliberation regarding personnel matters - Under Texas Government Code Section 551.074.
1. Deliberate and discuss the evaluation, duties, discipline, procedures, and contracts of the City Manager, City Attorney, and Municipal Court Judge.
B. Consider adoption of an ordinance of the City of Denton, Texas, authorizing the Mayor to execute an Amendment to Interlocal Cooperation Agreement, by and between the City of Denton, Texas ("City") and the Denton Independent School District ("DISD"), amending that certain Interlocal Cooperation Agreement, dated on or about July 20, 2004, by and between the City and DISD, granting the right to utilize additional street right of way to DISD for the DISD fiber optic system, and providing an effective date.