1. Clarification of agenda items listed in the Regular Session agenda for this meeting, and discussion of issues not briefed in the written backup materials.
2. Hold a discussion regarding amendments to the City's Gas Well Ordinance, Denton Development Code Subchapter 22, pertaining to certain definitions and permits for construction, drilling, and production activities. (Darren Groth)
3. Receive a report and hold a discussion regarding Tree Preservation, Landscape and Environmentally Sensitive Area (ESA) Requirements. (Angie Kralik, Nona Elaine Muncie and Deborah Viera)
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. U.S. Flag
B. Texas Flag "Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. October 23, 2013
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approvals and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Consider a Final Plat of Country Lakes North Addition, Phase 3C. The approximately 14.884 acre property is located on the east side of Lakeway Drive and the north side of the Denton/Argyle City Limit line within the Spencer Graham Survey, Abstract No. 468. The property is located within a Planned Development (PD-174) zoning district. (FP13-0012, Country Lakes North, Phase 3C, Cindy Jackson)
B. Consider a Final Plat of the Country Lakes North Addition, Phase 4. The approximately 25.384 acre property is located on the east side of Old John Paine Road, approximately 1,459 feet north of Creekway Drive within the BBB & CRR Survey, Abstract No. 158, the Mary Smith Survey, Abstract No. 1181 and the William Smith Survey, Abstract No. 1182. The property is located within a Planned Development (PD-174) zoning district. (FP13-0013, Country Lakes North, Phase 4, Cindy Jackson)
4. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. Consider approval of a six month extension of the Preliminary Plat for Elk Springs Addition (PP08-0018). The approximately 38.45-acre site is located on the south side of I-35E Frontage Road and north of Unicorn Lake Boulevard. The property is located within a Regional Center Commercial Downtown (RCC-D) zoning district. (PE13-0004, Elk Springs Addition, Erica Marohnic)
5. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.
Nov 06, 2013 Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting