B. Texas Flag
"Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. October 7, 2009
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approval and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Conveyance Plat of Lots 12R, Lot 13 & Lot 14, Block 1 of the Golden Triangle Addition, Second Filing. The 1.958 acre site is located at the north corner of Loop 288 and I-35E. The property is located within a Regional Center Commercial Downtown (RCC-D) zoning district. (CV09-0002, Golden Triangle Addition, Lots 12R, 13 & 14, Erica Marohnic)
B. Final replat of Lot 8R, Block L of the Lexington Park Addition, Phase 2. The subject site contains approximately 1.722 acres and is located within a Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use (NRMU) zoning district. The property is located on the west side of Teasley Lane (F.M. 2181) approximately 1,200 feet north of Hickory Creek Road. (FP08-0002, Lexington Medical Park, Erica Marohnic)
C. Final Plat of Lot 8, Block 2 of the Denton Regional Medical Center Addition, Phase 3. The subject site contains approximately 12.805 acres and is located within a Regional Center Commercial Neighborhood (RCC-N) zoning district. The property is located on Medpark Drive between Colorado Boulevard and Brinker Road. (FP09-0002, DCTA Medpark Station, Ron Menguita)
4. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. General Development Plan Extension for approximately 265.64 acres located at the southeast corner of Interstate Highway 35 and West University Drive (U.S. Highway 380). The property is located within Regional Commercial Center Downtown (RCC-D) and Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use (NRMU) zoning districts as modified by the Rayzor Ranch Overlay District. (GDPE09-0002, Rayzor Ranch-South, Erica Marohnic)
B. Variance from Section 35.20.2.A.4.c (Commercial Mixed Use Collector) of the Denton Development Code regarding the prohibition of angle parking on a Commercial Mixed Use Collector Street. The approximately 0.1 acre site is located at the northeast corner of Parkway Street and Bolivar Street. The subject property is located within a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. (V09-0012, Parking Revision-220 and 222 West Parkway Street, Nana Appiah)
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS: Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to the Denton City Council on the following items:
A. Rezoning of approximately 0.2213 acres of land from a Downtown Residential 1 (DR-1) zoning district to a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. The subject property is located on the east side of Cleveland Street approximately 152 feet south of Eagle Drive. (Z09-0007, Eagle Crossing, Cindy Jackson)
B. Rezoning of approximately 1.11 acres of land from a Neighborhood Residential 3 (NR-3) zoning district and a Neighborhood Residential 4 (NR-4) zoning district to a Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use 12 (NRMU-12) zoning district. A portion of the site is located within the Bell Avenue Historic Conservation District. The subject property is located at the northeast corner of N. Bell Avenue and E. University Drive (U.S. Highway 380). (Z09-0003, Lux at Bell Avenue, Cindy Jackson)
6. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.
Oct 21, 2009 Planning and Zoning Commission Work Session 10.21.2009