1. Clarification of agenda items listed in the Regular Session agenda for this meeting, and discussion of issues not briefed in the written backup materials.
2. Receive training on the new Granicus voting system. (Billy Matthews)
3. Receive a report, hold a discussion, and give staff direction concerning proposed amendments to the Denton Development Code, including Subchapter 13, regarding tree preservation and mitigation. (DCA08-0006, Tree Code Amendments, Chuck Russell)
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. U.S. Flag
B. Texas Flag
"Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. November 4, 2009
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approval and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Preliminary Plat of Lot 1, Block A of the BioLife Plasma Addition. The 3.5231 acre property is located at the northeast corner of Brinker Road and Quail Creek Drive. The property is located within a Regional Commercial Center Neighborhood (RCC-N) zoning district. (PP09-0005, BioLife Plasma Addition, Jane Gurney)
D. Rezoning of approximately 5.2 acres of land from a Neighborhood Residential 2 (NR-2) zoning district to a Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use 12 (NRMU-12) zoning district. The subject property is located at 4000 W. University Drive, east of Masch Branch Road. (Z09-0011, Girl Scouts of NE TX, Cindy Jackson)
E. Rezoning of approximately 1.11 acres of land from a Neighborhood Residential 3 (NR-3) zoning district and a Neighborhood Residential 4 (NR-4) zoning district to a Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use 12 (NRMU-12) zoning district. A portion of the site is located within the Bell Avenue Historic Conservation District. The subject property is located at the northeast corner of N. Bell Avenue and E. University Drive (U.S. Highway 380). (Z09-0003, Lux at Bell Avenue, Cindy Jackson)
F. Amendments to the Denton Development Code, including Subchapter 13, regarding tree preservation and mitigation. (DCA08-0006, Tree Code Amendments, Chuck Russell)
6. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.