1. Clarification of agenda items listed in the Regular Session agenda for this meeting, and discussion of issues not briefed in the written backup materials.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. U.S. Flag
B. Texas Flag "Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. October 19, 2011
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approvals and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Conveyance Plat of Lot 16, of the Rayzor Ranch North Addition. The 3.957 acre site is located west of the northwest corner of U.S. 380 (University Avenue) and Bonnie Brae Street within the Francis Batson Survey, Abstract No. 43. The property is located within a Regional Center Commercial Downtown (RCC-D) zoning district as modified by the Rayzor Ranch Overlay District. (CV11-0006, Rayzor Ranch North, Lot 16, Erica Marohnic)
4. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. Consider approval of a six-month extension of the General Development Plan (GDP02-0007) for the Sherman Crossing development. The approximately 85.74 acre site is located at the southwest corner of Loop 288 and Sherman Drive. The site is located within a Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use (NRMU), Neighborhood Residential 6 (NR-6), and Community Mixed Use General CM-G) zoning district. (GDPE11-0002, Sherman Crossing, Johnna Matthews)
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Hold a public hearing and consider a final plat of Lot 1-R and 2-R, Block A, Janke Addition, being a replat of Lots 1 and 2, Block 1, Janke Addition and a previously unplatted tract. The approximately 1.239 acre site and is located on the east side of North Bonnie Brae Street, approximately 383 feet north of Crescent Street. The property is located within a Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use 12 (NRMU-12) zoning district. (FR11-0012, Janke Addition, Cindy Jackson)
B. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to City Council regarding a Specific Use Permit (SUP) to allow gas well drilling and production on a property located within a Neighborhood Residential Mixed Use (NRMU) zoning and use district on approximately 2.64 acres. The subject property is generally located south of Airport Road, east of Interstate 35 West, and west of South Bonnie Brae Street. (S09-0007, Smith East Gas Wells, Nana Appiah)
C. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to the City Council regarding a Specific Use Permit (SUP) to allow gas well drilling and production on a property located within a Neighborhood Residential 4 (NR-4) zoning and use district on approximately 2.06 acres. The subject property is generally located south of McKinney Street, approximately 900 feet west of Trinity Road. (S11-0002, Lake Dallas Storage, Nana Appiah)
D. Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to City Council regarding a proposed amendment to Subchapter 4 of the Denton Development Code regarding a governmental entity development review track. (DCA10-0011, Governmental Development Review Process, Brian Lockley)
6. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.
Nov 02, 2011 Planning and Zoning Meeting 2