3. Receive training on the new Granicus voting system. (Billy Matthews)
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. U.S. Flag
B. Texas Flag
"Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. September 23, 2009
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approval and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
A. Final Plat of Lot 1, Block A of the Denton-Spencer Addition. The approximately 2.145 acre site is generally located 630 feet south of the intersection of Loop 288 and Karina Street, east of Loop 288, north of Spencer Road and west of Kimberly Drive within the M.E.P. & P.R.R. Co. Survey Abstract No. 927. The property is located within an Employment Center Commercial (EC-C) zoning district. (FP09-0008, Denton-Spencer Addition, Erica Marohnic)
4. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. Consider the approval of an Alternative Development Plan (ADP) for an apartment building. The subject site consists of approximately 0.229 acres and is located on the north side of Fannin Street approximately 100 feet west of Bernard Street. The property is located within a Downtown Residential 2 (DR-2) zoning district. The purpose of the proposed ADP is to deviate from Denton Development Code (DDC) Section 184.108.40.206.A.1.c regarding parking area location and DDC Section 220.127.116.11 regarding refuse container location. (ADP08-0024, Richard Cooper Apartment Building, Ron Menguita)
B. Consider the approval of an Alternative Development Plan (ADP) for a professional office development. The approximately .684-acre property is located on the east side of Centre Place Drive and north of S I-35E. The property is located within a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. The purpose of the proposed ADP is to deviate from Denton Development Code (DDC) Section 18.104.22.168.C regarding parking in the rear of a structure and DDC Section 22.214.171.124 regarding landscape standards where front parking is utilized. (ADP09-0005, Denton County Title Building/Jester Business, Johnna Matthews)
5. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.