B. Texas Flag
"Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. November 18, 2009
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approval and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
4. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. Consider the approval of the proposed 2010 Planning and Zoning Commission calendar.
B. Consider the approval of an Alternative Development Plan (ADP) for a Plasma Collection Center (BioLife Plasma Center). The approximately 3.52-acre property is located at the northeast corner of Brinker Road and Quail Creek Drive. The property is within a Regional Commercial Center Neighborhood (RCC-N) zoning district. (ADP09-0006, BioLife Plasma Center, Jane Gurney)
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS: Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to the Denton City Council on the following items:
A. Establishment of a Special Sign District for the First United Methodist Church. The approximately 4.17 acre site is located at 201 S. Locust Street between Mulberry Street and Sycamore Street and is within a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. The purpose of the Special Sign District is to allow for signage to deviate from the requirements of Subchapter 15 of the Denton Development Code relating to the use of banner signs. (SD09-0001, First United Methodist Church Sign District, Cindy Jackson)
B. Specific Use Permit for a restaurant drive-through facility. The approximately 0.8213 acre site is located at 701 Fort Worth Drive, north of I-35E and is within a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. (S09-0005, Taco Bell, Cindy Jackson)
6. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.