B. Texas Flag
"Honor the Texas Flag - I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas one state under God, one and indivisible."
2. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MINUTES FOR:
A. October 21, 2009
3. CONSENT AGENDA: Staff recommends approval of the following items because they meet the requirements of the Denton Development Code. Approval of the Consent Agenda includes staff recommendations for approval and authorizes staff to proceed. The Planning and Zoning Commission has reviewed the applications and has had an opportunity to raise questions regarding the items prior to consideration:
4. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION:
A. Variance to Subsection 35.20.4.D of the Denton Development Code regarding access to arterial streets. The 13.5722 acre site is located north and east of the intersection of Fort Worth Drive and Interstate 35E. The subject site is located within a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district. (V09-0013, The Grove at Denton, Cindy Jackson)
B. Alternative Development Plan (ADP) for a professional office development. The purpose of the proposed ADP is to deviate from Section 18.104.22.168.A.1.c of the Denton Development Code (DDC) regarding parking area location and Section 35.14.4.B of the DDC regarding the number of required parking spaces for office developments. The subject site consists of approximately 2.53 acres and is located on the south side of W. University Drive (U.S. 380), approximately 3,840 feet east of Masch Branch Road. The property is located within an Employment Center Commercial (EC-C) zoning district. (ADP09-0007, Greater Denton/Wise County-Realtors, Nana Appiah)
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS: Hold a public hearing and consider making a recommendation to the Denton City Council on the following items:
A. Detail Plan amendment for the development of 52 residential lots and a golf course within the Robson Ranch Planned Development District (PD-173). The subject site is generally located east of Ed Robson Road, north of Robson Ranch Road, and west of Hunter Ranch/Inspiration. (Z09-0005, Robson Ranch Section 2-3 and Lot 4A, Block A Robson Ranch Golf Course A Phase 1, Nana Appiah)
B. Concept Plan and Detail Plan for property located within the Wheeler Ridge Planned Development District (PD-176). The Concept Plan contains approximately 9.08 acres and the Detail Plan contains approximately 4.05 acres within the boundaries of the Concept Plan. The applicant is proposing to develop a 176,537 square foot self-storage facility. The subject site is located at the southeast corner of Teasley Lane (FM 2181) and Robinson Road. (Z08-0019, Wheeler Ridge Commercial, Nana Appiah)
C. Rezoning from a Downtown Residential 2 (DR-2) zoning district to a Downtown Commercial General (DC-G) zoning district on approximately 1.76 acres. The property is generally located east of Bonnie Brae Street, north of Hickory Street and south of Oak Street. (Z09-0008, Pecan Grove Medical Offices, Erica Marohnic)
D. Amendments to the Denton Development Code, including Subchapter 13, regarding tree preservation and mitigation. (DCA08-0006, Tree Code Amendments, Chuck Russell)
6. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Under Section 551.042 of the Texas Open Meetings Act, respond to inquiries from the Planning and Zoning Commission or the public with specific factual information or recitation of policy, or accept a proposal to place the matter on the agenda for an upcoming meeting.